POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rocket (26 Kb PNG) : Re: Rocket (26 Kb PNG) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 14:19:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rocket (26 Kb PNG)
From: Txemi Jendrix
Date: 29 Jan 2002 17:47:06
Message: <3c57266a@news.povray.org>

news:3c56f151$1@news.povray.org...
> I think it would be fun to take some old toys and make them look as real
as
> possible. Not like a real toy, but like a real rocket. Keep the basic
shape
> and coloration, but add the necessary details to make it look like it
could
> really fly.

It woud be fun, but I'm working in another direction right now, I want toys
that look like toys. Take a look at my last post and you could have an idea.

> I am trying to remember if I had any cool looking toys as a kid with which
> could do this. Might be fun with an old transformer or He-Man vehicle. Do
> you have and ideas? I'm trying to think of an old space toy because I have
> so many ideas left over from my spaceship competition (PRTC). Too bad most
> spaceship toys are modeled after movie spaceships, so there is no need for
> imagination.

I remember I had a rocket (an Apollo model, I don't remember which number)
when I was a child. The lunar capsule (sp?) was the part of it I liked most
(I believe it was in 1969 or 70).
I don't know if it's old enough.
You can also take a look at the Flash Gordon's old books. They had a
"different kind" of space ships.
Hope this helps.
Bye
PD:
>spaceship competition (PRTC).
 If you are the creator of option A, it's the one I like most.
--
Txemi Jendrix
tji### [at] euskalnetnet