POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Oranges, 2nd State (94 K ) : Re: Oranges, 2nd State (94 K ) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 14:25:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oranges, 2nd State (94 K )
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 29 Jan 2002 07:49:58
Message: <3c569a75@news.povray.org>
Jim:

  As valencian, I can't resist to comment on the oranges: although there
are orange varieties with such dark-redish color, they are not really
common. Most people would see them more convincing with a more orange color
(but for me they are clearly what we call here "blood" oranges, "taronxa de
sanc" in valencian).

  Anyhow, I've read the technique you used for the oranges, and it is very
good and brilliant, indeed. The skin grain is very good, but perhpas the
big deformations are too pronounced: oranges are not spherical, but they
tend to be more spherical.

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia