POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Time : Re: Time Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:12:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Time
From: PeterC
Date: 28 Jan 2002 21:42:57
Message: <3c560ad2.10054928@localhost>
On Sun, 13 Jan 2002 13:22:39 -0500, tcdev <tde### [at] twcnyrrcom>
wrote:

>It's probably too late to suggest this, but it would be real nice to
>have a time() function to get the system time for use with the seed()
>funtion.
>
>thanks

I wrote a .pov include that almost does this.  It deosn't get
the seed from the time, it gets the seed from a file.  So far
not very useful, right?  well: it allows the new updated seed
to be written back to that same file.  So the random numbers
are different between renders.  I think I posted this once but
I forget.  If anyone asks, I'll post it again.

Pete