POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Please judge my PRTC : Re: Please judge my PRTC Server Time
16 Aug 2024 14:17:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Please judge my PRTC
From: Slime
Date: 28 Jan 2002 00:01:29
Message: <3c54db29$1@news.povray.org>
> IMAGE A was hand-coded in pov. Blobs, meshes, and CSG were used. The
> modeling is somewhat complete, but the texturing is just begun.
>
> IMAGE B was modeled in 3DMax and rendered in brice. Some of the texture
maps
> for this pic were lost due to last-minute computer problems, so the
> texturing is very basic considering what it should have been.

Really? Maybe it's just me, but each description seems to fit the opposite
image rather than the one you said it describes!

I'm very impressed by image A. You say the meshes were hand-coded... that
thing on the top of it looks like an extremely hard mesh to hand code; i
wish I could do that.

- Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]
[ http://www.slimeland.com/images/ ]