POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : ExplainationPlease...?? : Re: ExplainationPlease...?? Server Time
16 Aug 2024 20:26:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ExplainationPlease...??
From: Hugo
Date: 26 Jan 2002 18:53:54
Message: <3c534192$1@news.povray.org>
Hi folks,

I think I finally understand cross products now!!  :o)   I'll need to
experiment a little more to see how it behaves, but I definitely got the

> Is this scenario more or less confusing? :o)

Oh, a little, but the first part of your letter was very clear.. I
understand now!  I hope, this was also helpful to Ryan, Bill and some other
people here.

> An animation would be the best but I'm afraid I haven't time
> enough to make a good movie. I have an idea but it takes
> it's time. Anyway, if all failes I still can do that.

No no, I've taken enough of your time now.  :o)

Fernando wrote:
> Then, |A| and |B|, the norms of the
> vectors (the lengths) can be calculated

Does this mean, the word "norms" are not a shortage for "normal" but it
means "length"?  That's good to know.. I come across new words in math all
the time, and sometimes I just guess their meaning.. Thanks for explaining
dot products, I understand them better now, although not fully.

I couldn't find these kind of lessons elsewhere on the net.. I browsed many
math sites, but either they assume (1) you're already educated in these
things, (2) you are undergoing an education, or (3) they are for children..
It's probably the same with books, and I don't know what to look for.. I had
a "plain" education in math years ago, but not in english, and I have
forgotten much of it..

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Hugo