POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP Fish II : Re: WIP Fish II Server Time
16 Aug 2024 14:22:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP Fish II
From: Ruy
Date: 25 Jan 2002 22:38:36
Message: <3c5224bc@news.povray.org>
> Yes, you could if you export your hamapatch model as .obj file, and open
it
> with UV-mapper (http://www.uvmapper.com), wich is also freeware, to do the
> UV-mapping, and later objuvpov to export it as a mesh or mesh-2 for Povray
> 3.5 or Megapov.

I forgot to mention uvmapper. I've got it also. I tried to do it with
uvmapper, and couldn't get it to do what I wanted. The object came back from
objuvpov correctly, but the map never came back at all with the model. I'll
have to go back to the tutorial then...

> you can also try Lithunwrap (http://www.geocities.com/lithunwrap) to do
the
> UV-mapping job (it's freeware too).

Ah, now this looks promising.

Thanks a bunch, Txemi. BTW, how do you say that in Eusquera? (sp?)

Ruy