POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bathroom : Re: Bathroom this time WITH picture Server Time
16 Aug 2024 14:20:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bathroom this time WITH picture
From: Juergen Scharfy
Date: 25 Jan 2002 05:19:19
Message: <3c513127@news.povray.org>
> I wish I had such a bathroom !
>
> Nice light setting and modelling.

uhm, light was done quick and dirty just to see something. I concentrated on
modelling these days since It was the reason for the pic.
The problem was that there was a set of elements I could buy, all different
in size and function and I had no clue what fits best. My bathroom is quite
small so everything has to fit exactly.
I got this sheet with details sizes and illustrations on it so I decided to
model it in POV. I am glad that I did that since the board above the sink
(on the lower end of the mirror) was too large! Using POV I figured out that
a very unfortunate shadow falls onto the sink and the water pipe if I use it
as it is. Additionally some variations of the arrangement gave finally a
good result. Some additional tests according to the lights on the ceiling
(no visible here) brought me to the decision to rebuild the ceiling
decoration together with new (integrated) light spots.

fits perfectly. The guy who took my order was quite confused: I gave him a
colour-printout of this picture to tell him which elements have to be
ordered *lol*

> The mirror needs something to
> reflect and the edges of the bath
> tub should be rounded somewhat.

As mentioned, the tub is just a placeholder. The interior wasn't of
interest, just its major extents. Same thing for the sink.

> And where is the soap ?!?

Soap and towles are in the gap to the right between sink and tub. In
reality, not on the picture, of course ;-)

regards
SY