POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : ExplainationPlease...?? : Re: ExplainationPlease...?? Server Time
16 Aug 2024 20:27:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ExplainationPlease...??
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 24 Jan 2002 17:04:55
Message: <3c508507$1@news.povray.org>
"Jamie Davison" <jam### [at] ntlworldcom> wrote in message
> >     Most of the people here cannot imagine how ignorant of math us
non-math
> > types can be.
>
> Hell, I was trained as a biologist,

    Same here. Beyond a little "plug in the numbers" algebra, I never really
needed math until Povray. I doubt that I ever will beyond my hobbies.

    But my real math problem started in grade school. I remember being left
behind during quadratic equations and telling my teacher that I didn't
understand. That was 7th grade and my math scores never got above a 'd'
after that. I had been getting all 'a's in every subject before that.