POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : ExplainationPlease...?? : Re: ExplainationPlease...?? Server Time
16 Aug 2024 14:28:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ExplainationPlease...??
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 24 Jan 2002 12:25:23
Message: <3c504383$1@news.povray.org>
"Hugo" <hua### [at] post3teledk> wrote :

> Could you please tell about vector cross & dot products too, then?  :o)

    I finally got what dot products were about a year ago. I don't know how
ignorant of them you are, but I had no clue. Here's what I finally figured
out.

    If you have a vector #declare v = <1,2,3>;
    Then v.x = 1, v.y = 2, v.z = 3.

    That was enough for me to move on with, but I'm still not sure what all
that cross stuff is about.

    HTH