POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : ExplainationPlease...?? : Re: ExplainationPlease...?? Server Time
16 Aug 2024 14:17:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ExplainationPlease...??
From: Hugo
Date: 24 Jan 2002 12:17:51
Message: <3c5041bf$1@news.povray.org>
> Yep. But maybe he wants to know more than just the few functions
implemented
> POVRay. Maybe some more on vector algebra?
> I think it is more important to understand the vector algebra first before
> looking at the implementation.
>
> But anyway, the functions are at least a base for a discussion. Let's see
if
> I can write a short AND understandable explanation

Could you please tell about vector cross & dot products too, then?  :o)
I've read the Pov docs, and 2 webpages explaining their use in Pov, and I've
searched on math pages, but still don't understand.. I don't have a higher
mathematical education and until recently I didn't know how important the
origin <0,0,0> is regarding to vector functions.. Now I do know that
everything involves origin, but I still can't SEE in my mind the picture of
cross & dots.. The examples in Pov with 3 cylinders pointing in each their
way, doesn't help.. I tried animating them too but..

You could argue that I should take a further education, but I don't have
time for this (I have work, and would have to change my life drastically)
and I'd prefer to learn in my sparetime.. Any clear and throughfull
explanation in simple english will be appriciated!  :o)  When you have
time..

Regards,
Hugo