POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Transparent variations on a cloth theme MPG1 : Re: Transparent variations on a cloth theme MPG1 Server Time
20 Jul 2024 05:23:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transparent variations on a cloth theme MPG1
From: Fernando González del Cueto
Date: 23 Jan 2002 21:54:50
Message: <3c4f777a@news.povray.org>
"Mark James Lewin" <m_j### [at] yahoocomau> wrote in message
> This looks really good! To avoid the fixed points being streched that much
before
> releasing, you could look at the strain they are under, and release them
after a
> certain limit is reached. There would be more consistency in the
simulation then.

> How fast are these simulations?
>
> MJL

That's a very good idea! Thanks

Well, the speed depends on how fine you want the mesh, and how small you
make the time steps. Sometimes I take unnecesarily small steps and it takes
ages! And sometimes I'm too optimistic and get overflows at the middle of
the simulation for taking too large steps.

In this particular case, hmmm... I think it took about 2-3 seconds per
frame. Later I have to render each frame, of course!

Thanks for your comments and good suggestion!

Fernando.