POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : FERN update: first attempt of a complete plant : Re: FERN update: first attempt of a complete plant Server Time
16 Aug 2024 20:30:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: FERN update: first attempt of a complete plant
From: Juergen Scharfy
Date: 23 Jan 2002 07:31:44
Message: <3c4ead30@news.povray.org>
> But I have another workaround for your long download. Install it once and
later
> download only second compiler version. It is little slower at work but
only
> 1,1MB to download. You could download full package only when you find some
bug
> or read something important in

I see. Thanks for the tip!
Anyway, I just found out that I have all I need already in POV 3.1g so there
is no urgent need to download a new version.
I will implement file support although evaluating the functions isn't really
slow. The major advantage would be to share ferns via a definition file. The
slowest thing is creating the POV-objects since they allocate memory. This
has to be done anyway, no matter if the results are calculated or read from
file....

regards
SY