POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Photons, lighting, reflection... WIP : Re: Photons, lighting, reflection... WIP Server Time
16 Aug 2024 14:17:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photons, lighting, reflection... WIP
Date: 22 Jan 2002 15:33:38
Message: <3c4dcca2@news.povray.org>
> Hi there!

Hi Tim,

> because of this too, so does someone know a trick to have a low-rgb
> lightsource
> shoot the photons, while another lightsource does the actual lighting?
> Or am I totally wrong and photons don't care if the rgb is 8?

Well, I don't know with which POV version you're working but in Pov Demo3.5
you can choose if a light source should be a photon source or not. In this
case you may add two light sources: a dim one which is a photon source and
the bright one which does the rest but has photons turned off.
See the documentation "photons and light_sources".

If you are working with something else then sorry, I don't know.

Anyway the object looks nice. Like made of brass. For gold put more yellow
in the texture (by reducing red)
Do you have a special purpose for this object or is it just because?

regards
SY