POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Narnia V2 [71kb] : Re: Narnia V2 [71kb] Server Time
16 Aug 2024 14:23:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Narnia V2 [71kb]
From: Juergen Scharfy
Date: 22 Jan 2002 05:26:54
Message: <3c4d3e6e$1@news.povray.org>
> Now with traced trees - 20,000 of them. Took me a while to find a way of
making

very nice scene!

I think the trees are standing a little bit too loose.
Lighting is quite bright for a night... even in case of full moon.

What about adding footprints of animals to the snow? Most likely Rabbits,
Birds and Squirrels?
How did you build the mountains in the background so that the snow doesn't
cover the tip independently of the mountain's height?

> trees that didn't eat up memory. Managed it by combining meshes and
cylinders
> and adapting quality depending on distance.

I did the same with my fern. Otherwise 106000 objects blew up PC's memory...
now reduced to few thousands.

Cool picture anyway!
BTW: what is current the theme of the IRTC?

regards