POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Auto Contrast and its effects. : Re: Auto Contrast and its effects. Server Time
16 Aug 2024 14:17:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Auto Contrast and its effects.
From: Bonsai
Date: 22 Jan 2002 03:24:17
Message: <3c4d21b1$1@news.povray.org>
> This highly scene specific adjustment and the best tool for
> it is an interactive image editor which is much more useful
> than any automatic guessing option in povray.

I found a scene in the POV-Ray 3.5 Beta demo scenes in
scenes/textures/pigments called transmitfx.pov that shows the use of a disc
as filter to get some effects. One disc makes a higher contrast. If the disc
is near the camera it can affect the whole scene. But I think it has to be
adjusted to every scene.

Just my two eurocents,

Bonsai

--