POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : FERN update: first attempt of a complete plant : Re: FERN update: first attempt of a complete plant Server Time
16 Aug 2024 14:24:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: FERN update: first attempt of a complete plant
From: Juergen Scharfy
Date: 22 Jan 2002 02:43:08
Message: <3c4d180c@news.povray.org>
> The looks very good! But perhaps it would look even better with some
> different age variations in the leaves. The "wings" at the center for
> example should be more curled. And at the very center you should have one
or
> two fiddle heads. Otherwise I love the detail!

Your are right. As mentione I just stacked some wings together, randomly
arranged around a circle with some variation in the number of leaves and
their shape. Since I have to do some tests for the auto-detail-levelling I'm
shure there will be more pictures until I can release the include files.
If it is of interest for the group I can continue posting the results.
Unfortunately a test run takes about an hour...

Thanks for feedback!
regards