POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Clouds are back in style : Clouds are back in style Server Time
16 Aug 2024 14:18:28 EDT (-0400)
  Clouds are back in style
From: Skip Talbot
Date: 22 Jan 2002 00:00:12
Message: <3c4cf1dc@news.povray.org>
Remember that post I made awhile ago (months) about the isosurface speckling
with media?  My clouds have come a ways.  They're small cumulus.  I used a
media filled isosurface with multiple pigment functions.  To get the flat
bottoms I stole the gumdrop out of the torus gumdrop function and blobbed an
ellipsoid on top of that.  The atmosphere is also media but the sky itself
is a simple sky_sphere.  I have found that if you make the media container
object large enough it won't return a color back after a certain distance.
This is great for creating atmospheric effects but still having control of
the background without media influence.

The clouds are going to be used for a scene featuring a large six-engine
German bomber (which I've posted to the groups before).  An author in
Scotland is writing a book on long range German bombers and he wants to use
one of my renderings for the cover.  Score for me and for Pov-Ray!

10 hour render on a 1.8GHz P4  ::yipes::  I'll post the final pic that's
going on the cover when its done.
--

Skip

Post a reply to this message