POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : FERN update: first attempt of a complete plant : FERN update: first attempt of a complete plant Server Time
16 Aug 2024 14:25:18 EDT (-0400)
  FERN update: first attempt of a complete plant
Date: 21 Jan 2002 14:41:57
Message: <3c4c6f05@news.povray.org>
Hi there,

after adding some automatic adaption of the level of detail my old PC was
able to render a complete fern. It looks quite confused since it is built
randomly.

Some details:

It consists of 22 wings with varying number of leaves. In total there were
8154 objects (there were more than 106000 in the full-detail version!).
Total computation time was 50 minutes and 57 seconds. Both, rendering and
parsing took almost exactly the half of this: 25min 36/21 sec. My PC is a
very old P200.

I am satisfied with the result therefore it is no longer of WIP status.
Thank you very much to all who gave me tips and hints!
Now I will clean-up the include files and release them as soon as possible.
It needs some user manual and a test-scene to be used properly.

Now I will concentrate on moss, waterdrops, snails and some stones. I think
some more pictures will follow here soon to get your comments.

live long and trace prosper, :-)
regards

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: