POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.international : [int] Group project : Re: [int] Group project Server Time
15 Jun 2024 09:16:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [int] Group project
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 21 Jan 2002 10:44:44
Message: <3c4c376b@news.povray.org>
Hi, I'm back again... well, then we take the "group" project seriously?
If so, let me structure it a bit before puting up a web page.

> OK, then, here's what we'll do. Please set up a page where you describe
> what we're trying to do, which is to make a realistic rendering of an
> unlikely scene (such as the Whelan piece) with the best contributions from
> povray.international POVers.

  Ok, that's easy.

> That we're currently looking for both
> sketches (images) and suggestions (words) for the scene we will actually
> try to create.

  Pointers here to subscribe this newsgroup for these matters?

> And, that as the project manager, I get to choose what gets
> in and what we leave out, but that I'm open to recommendations from
> others, and may reverse my judgement on something if enough people still
> want it in.

  Again, sugesting use of this newsgroup for discussion? Perhaps also
sugesting to post images/sketches to p.i.b?

> Also, let's set the deadline for February 16th, or 4 weeks
> from tommorow.

  Ok, Feb.16th, that's about 4 weeks since today.

>You can set what resolution, format and file size you want
> to constrain submissions to, as its your server and your bandwidth, and

  There is no much problem about bandwith, I don't pay per traffic. And the
server has still 38 of 40 Gb free on HD. I can create an email account for
submisions of zipped code, images for discussion about inclusion can be
posted on p.i.b.

> then you can contact me about how we can best transmit the submissions
> over to me so I can approve stuff.

  The way most easy for you, ftp, mail, http... choose one! :)

> We could then set up a "Rejects" page
> for people to vote on stuff that I chose to leave out which they would
> like to see in the scene.

  Hmmm... I think this can be discused here, if we are using it as HQ. I
can arrange an alternate mailing list for the project discussions, but as
this newsgroup seems not very active I see no problem using it. If I
remember well, all this started as a way to reactive this group, isn't?

  So, the web page will serve to have the project guidelines online, to
centralize the submisions, to distribute the scene code and to show the
working image (and the final one at the end of the the project).

  Opinions?

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia