POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : How to avoid moiré effects? : Server Time
16 Aug 2024 14:22:16 EDT (-0400)
From: Hugo
Date: 20 Jan 2002 18:20:10
Message: <3c4b50aa@news.povray.org>
> interference patterns
> Is there any way to make any pigment pattern at
> very small scales blend into one single color?

This is something I have been thinking a lot about! It's often a problem,
for example with water in the horisont or carpets on a floor and I know, AA
can't solve it.. I think a small focal blur of everything will work (haven't
tried yet) because it jitters the details rather than AA that does more like
the opposite.

lenses aren't so good, they give either a kind of focal blur or the perfect
AA when they merge all light particles.. Well.. it's my theory.

Hugo