POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Crazy cloth HA HA HA MPG1 : Re: Crazy cloth HA HA HA MPG1 Server Time
20 Jul 2024 05:30:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crazy cloth HA HA HA MPG1
From: Michael McKnight
Date: 20 Jan 2002 17:24:15
Message: <3c4b438f@news.povray.org>
Okay, i don't even know what forward Euler is, but i'll give my intuitive
two cents and risk sounding like an idiot.  What if you multiplied the
velocity of the cloth by a constant x such that 0>x>1 every iteration, or
when the cloth is transmitting energy to itself, so to speak, you did the
same sort of thing?  It looks like it's retaining it all, never coming to
rest.  The initial rippling does have some realism to it, in a way that the
previous animations don't, maybe a fix of that sort would be an effective
middleground?.  in any case, it looks a whole lot like water, which is very
neat.  i like it, realistic or not.