POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fern update WIP :-) : Re: Detail WIP Server Time
16 Aug 2024 16:14:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Detail WIP
Date: 20 Jan 2002 07:26:33
Message: <3c4ab779$1@news.povray.org>
> If the bumps were caused by joining two blob cylinders, try adding a
sphere of
> the same radius with strength value -1 at each of the joins. It will
cancel out
> the effect of what is essentially strength 2 at the point where the two
> cylinders meet.

I was thinking about that but then I decided to get rid of the blob. It was
a work-around anyway since I just wanted to avoid the small gaps at the
junctions of the cylinders. Now it is a union of cones (since the stem get's
thinner to the tip) and small spheres in the junctions which give the
impression of a continous pipe. I'm more satisfied with this since I have
easier control over the stem thickness.

Anyway, thanks for your hint!
regards
SY