POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Crazy cloth HA HA HA MPG1 : Re: Crazy cloth HA HA HA MPG1 Server Time
19 Jul 2024 23:20:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crazy cloth HA HA HA MPG1
From: Fernando González del Cueto
Date: 20 Jan 2002 01:45:43
Message: <3c4a6797$1@news.povray.org>
"Thomas Lake" <tla### [at] homecom> wrote in message
> > Before, my algorithm didn't consider the conservation of the cloth's
> > velocity (in each vertex of the mesh), and I thought it should, and I
> > rewrote major parts of my code to allow this. But obviously I did
> something
> > wrong, because this looks AWFUL!
>
> Conservation of velocity? Perhaps this has something to do with this type
of
> simulation, which I know nothing about, but velocity isn't conserved in
the
> real world, momentum is though. Or perhaps I should shutup before I make a
> fool of myself?:-)

I think I did not describe it properly: I'm really not trying to conserve
the velocity. My first algorithm did an estimation of the motion directly
from the forces, not with the velocities. I thought that having explicitly
the velocities would improve the behaviour of the cloth.

I'm still working on this... I'm not sure if it will be helpful.

Thanks for your comments,

Fernando.