POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : animation question : Re: animation question Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:24:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: animation question
From: bob h
Date: 19 Jan 2002 19:50:42
Message: <3c4a1462$1@news.povray.org>
"Deaken" <dwy### [at] sw-techcom> wrote in message
> Chris Howie wrote:
> >
> > rotate <0,clock,0>  // move clock into the desired axis
>
> That's the second time I've seen that particular rotate used in this
> thread.  Well, the first one was "rotate clock * y".  In neither case was
> there a Start_ or End_Clock mentioned.
>
> Am I a complete idiot for using "rotate <0, 360*clock, 0>", or did two
> people make the same mistake?  Both of these options?  Neither?

If you're asking whether or not clock by itself will rotate 360 degrees,
then no.  Not necessarily anyway, unless you specify a Intitial_Clock=1 and
Final_Clock=360 for INI file.
If you asked if rotate clock * y is same as <0,clock,0> then the answer is
yes.  Or in your example, rotate 360*clock*y.

bob h