POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Random crashes with W2000/Athlon : Re: Random crashes with W2000/Athlon Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:23:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Random crashes with W2000/Athlon
From: Pat Parslow
Date: 19 Jan 2002 11:20:04
Message: <3c499cb4$1@news.povray.org>
For Info, we got similar crashes (due to failure to write) when using
DevStudio (so totally non-PovRay related) using w2k on intel boxes.  I
suspected the defrag program which was running in the background initially,
but removing that from the system did not cure the problem.. It occurred on
3 out of ten boxes with alarming regularity.

I suspect something a lot more sinister than PovRay is to blame for this
problem :)

Pat Parslow
(happy to be at home using 9x)