POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.international : [int] Group project : Re: [int] Group project Server Time
27 Sep 2024 18:42:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [int] Group project
From: Tony[B]
Date: 18 Jan 2002 22:28:29
Message: <3c48e7dd@news.povray.org>
>  Yes, of course! There is no problem hosting a web page for the team, for
> anything except the original image, even in pieces. Sorry, but altough I
> don't care about my own copyrights, I hate to break copyrights. :)

OK, then, here's what we'll do. Please set up a page where you describe what
we're trying to do, which is to make a realistic rendering of an unlikely
scene (such as the Whelan piece) with the best contributions from
povray.international POVers. That we're currently looking for both sketches
(images) and suggestions (words) for the scene we will actually try to
create. And, that as the project manager, I get to choose what gets in and
what we leave out, but that I'm open to recommendations from others, and may
reverse my judgement on something if enough people still want it in. Also,
let's set the deadline for February 16th, or 4 weeks from tommorow. You can
set what resolution, format and file size you want to constrain submissions
to, as its your server and your bandwidth, and then you can contact me about
how we can best transmit the submissions over to me so I can approve stuff.
We could then set up a "Rejects" page for people to vote on stuff that I
chose to leave out which they would like to see in the scene.

I would like to ask POVers who speak languages other than English and
Spanish to translate the mission statement that Jaime comes up with, so he
can add it to the project page and more people know what we're up to, and
can join in. Idealy, you would post the translation here, and others who
speak your language would approve it.