POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Now with wrinkles!!! MPG1 : Re: Now with wrinkles!!! MPG1 Server Time
19 Jul 2024 23:22:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Now with wrinkles!!! MPG1
From: Fernando González del Cueto
Date: 18 Jan 2002 18:48:05
Message: <3c48b435$1@news.povray.org>
"Thies Heidecke" <h3i### [at] gmxnet> wrote in message
> Hi Fernando,
>
> this looks absolutely awesome, very realistic!
> one can almost feel the structural properties
> of the cloth.
>
> there's just one thing that i would improve:
> the folds of the cloth suggest that it is very thin
> and fine, like silk for example, but the big fold
> from the sphere to the front-left corner of the
> cloth is goffering (i hope this is the right word)
> a bit abruptly and disjointed. it should fold more
> smoothly to underline the material.
> But that's just a minor thing.
>
> Keep on clothing ; )
>
> Thies

Thank you Thies! I'm very glad you've found it realistic! I'm still not very
happy with the air resistance, but I'm still working on it!

You're right, it's meant to simulate a very thin, feeble and flexible cloth.
I'm right now experimenting with a more robust-like and a bit stiffer cloth.
I had great results with those new settings, but on the final frames I saw a
very strange behaviour, so I won't post it until I try to solve that.

About your suggestion, I didn't understand you very well about the
"goffering"... I know it is difficult to describe such things... I don't
know if you can describe it in another way?

Thank you again for your lauds,

Mexico City, Mexico.