POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My boy's "Kub Kar" : Re: My boy's "Kub Kar" Server Time
16 Aug 2024 16:17:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My boy's "Kub Kar"
From: Shay
Date: 18 Jan 2002 14:56:54
Message: <3c487e06$1@news.povray.org>
I competed once and won easily. Here are a few hints:

    Use graphite on the wheels, of course.
    Sand the seams off of the wheels.
    Glue to "axles" in place.
    Put your weight mostly in the front. Your car will wobble a lot less
going down the track.
    This is the sure to win idea. Take a soldering iron and place a large
bead of solder on the "axle" between the car and the tire. This will save
friction from the tire resting against the car.
    Drill an extra hole in the bottom of the car and bring extra weight and
the soldering iron in case the scale at the event is weighing light.
    Depending on the height of the peg which holds the cars at the start of
the race, you may be able to shape the front of the car to rest further up
on the track or take off earlier.

These ideas may seem a little extreme for Cub scouts. But not competing at a
competition is criminal to me.

.

Tom Bates <tho### [at] shawca> wrote in message