POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fern again, it's getting better (29,4kB) : Re: Fern again, it's getting better (29,4kB) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 22:11:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fern again, it's getting better (29,4kB)
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 18 Jan 2002 09:57:49
Message: <3c4837ed$1@news.povray.org>

> Another update after I rewrote the code for the wing completely and
studied
> intensively my fern in my living room....

    Actually, both tapers look correct. Your first one was more typical of
ferns grown in more light, and your second is symptomatic of ferns grown in
less light. Also, the first looked more like classic "Boston" fern, while
your second is more the newer "Crinkled Boston" fern.

    The bad leaves you had on your first tries remind me of my days in the
ferneries of Peirson (the fern capital of the world). If fertilizer had been
spread while the fern was still wet with dew, we would get alot of that.
Plus a wind storm can cause something similar among the new sprouts.

    Both are great and I hope we get source when it is done...