POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fern again, it's getting better (29,4kB) : Re: Fern again, it's getting better (29,4kB) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 16:23:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fern again, it's getting better (29,4kB)
From: Hugo
Date: 18 Jan 2002 04:09:09
Message: <3c47e635@news.povray.org>
A slow computer is a good way to force one to code stuff the right way.  :o)
It looks much better now! I think the leafs are best at a distance because
the texture doesn't show the venes realistic at close-up. But in most scenes
this won't be a problem and it would probably be meaningless to spend more
resources at the tiny venes.

I don't have a real leaf in front of me, but the long one seems too long and
stiff at the small end. You seem to be using a fixed distance between each
leaf that makes me wonder if the real thing looks that way.

Great that you will be sharing the code with us!  :o)  I look forward to
that!

Hugo