POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fern update (21,1kB) : Re: Fern update (21,1kB) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 16:17:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fern update (21,1kB)
Date: 17 Jan 2002 14:12:50
Message: <3c472232@news.povray.org>
> It would probably be much faster if you make the whole wing one mesh.

Since every leaf has two different textures and every leaf within a wing
differs in colour and texture from the others I don't think that it is a
good idea to make one big mesh. AFAIK it's not possible to give every
triangle within a mesh a different texture? (I'm working with POV 3.1g since
the last beta I copied (3.5Beta9) stopped working on 15th of Jan.)

> BTW, the central fold seems to have some problems, the 'leafs' do not join
> smoothly.

The central fold of the wing or of the leaves?