POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : How to Unexpire POV Ray Beta : Re: How to Unexpire POV Ray Beta Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:17:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to Unexpire POV Ray Beta
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 17 Jan 2002 11:56:26
Message: <3c47023a@news.povray.org>
In article <slr### [at] fwicom> , Ron Parker
<ron### [at] povrayorg>  wrote:

> might go a long way toward fixing the problem, but I don't know what
> extrwi does.

It is a bit manipulation function (actually, the simple name of a very
complex rotate and mask instruction), that moved the condition code register
(now stored in r0) into a form usable by the xor.  The sequence is part of
optimized code like "a = (b != 0.0)".

And indeed what you suggest gets rid of yet another exit condition, but
after the code already left!  You forgot the note about the (two) cooperate
threads...

> (Windows threads fall off the end of the thread function to exit.  Apparently
> Mac threads set a flag, or at least this one does.)

Mac threads do, too, but it is sitting in a loop calling povray_cooperate,
which is what drives the core code.  Leaving this thread, the core code no
longer runs and cannot accept control messages via POVMS.  As the
povray_cooperate function takes care of the repeated rendering there is no
call to povray_render!

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde