POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Does POV-Ray 3.1 exploit any coherence? : Re: Does POV-Ray 3.1 exploit any coherence? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:19:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Does POV-Ray 3.1 exploit any coherence?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 17 Jan 2002 07:49:40
Message: <3c46c864@news.povray.org>
In article <1103_1011269679@news.povray.org> , Andre Wesseling
<wes### [at] mathuni-muensterde>  wrote:

> Is there any technique implemented in POV-Ray (especially in version 3.1) that
> makes use of coherence? If so, which kind of coherence (spatial, temporal) is
> used?

Well, POV-Ray uses a ray-model of light and the little I know about the
effects you are asking about suggests they are based on a wave model.

The better question to ask is what physical effects POV-Ray can simulate
because not all physical models are feasible for efficient (or possible)
implementation of a ray-tracer:

So, what particular effect are you looking for?

    Thorsten