POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fern update (21,1kB) : Re: Fern update (21,1kB) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 16:21:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fern update (21,1kB)
From: bob h
Date: 16 Jan 2002 18:41:06
Message: <3c460f92@news.povray.org>

news:3c4607cd@news.povray.org...
> Hi for all who are interested:
> An update of the fern is attached. More detail at the single leaves, macro
> optimisation and extended shape of the entire wing (irregularities and
> torsion). Some more minor updates.

Been following this a little.  Mimics a fern very well, only that the gray
color for older leaves could use a brown-gold coppery color I believe.
As for the close-up, unless used for rendering insect life or other such
small scale scenes that fern leaf would be great for general vegetation as
seen from a distance.  Is it computationally intensive and slow or
something?  Or would a full fern plant, and many of them, be easily (read
that as quickly) rendered?

bob h