POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : transparency color clipping produces another color : Re: transparency color clipping produces another color Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:12:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: transparency color clipping produces another color
From: bob h
Date: 16 Jan 2002 03:01:21
Message: <3c453351@news.povray.org>
"Coridon Henshaw" <che### [at] sympaticoca> wrote in message
news:Xns### [at] 204213191226...
> "bob h" <omn### [at] charternet> wrote in news:3c4210f3$1@news.povray.org:
>
> > A filter 2 added to a rgb 0.5 is okay, but filter 2 with a rgb 0.6
> > (multiplies out to 1.2) is not.
>
> I was unable to duplicate any unusual behavior with the following test
> scene.
>
> plane {z, 3 hollow pigment {checker rgb <1,0,0>, rgb <0,1,0> scale 0.5}
> finish {ambient 1}}
>
> box {<-1,-1,0> <1,1,1> pigment {rgb 0.6 filter 2}}
>
> camera {location z*-3 look_at 0}
>

> I will try to confirm your bug if you can post a scene which demonstrates
> what you are talking about.

Thanks Coridon.
It is eluding me at the moment.  I had it doing so again once I put a light
source in with your script but using the text object I was finding it happen
with before.  Not only text objects though, I first noticed it when I
checked on making a sphere and box CSG transparent as a different test.
Wish I had grabbed a screen shot of the rather wildly wrong look to it when
I had the chance.  Trying with your simpler scene and that box it wouldn't
make itself shown, and now I can only get a slight yellowing of the text
object I was using too.
I know Thorsten keeps saying this stuff can't change on it's own but this
wouldn't be the first time such an experience has occured.
Anyway, I'll get back with anything I have once it shows itself again.

bob h