POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fern : Re: Fern Server Time
16 Aug 2024 16:24:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fern
Date: 15 Jan 2002 18:37:52
Message: <3c44bd50@news.povray.org>
> .. have you tried using a fractal fern algorithm ? ...

No. Ferns aren't really fractal or self-similar. The small leaves have no
similarity with the entire wing. Of course, there are some ferns which are
indeed more "fractal-styled" than this one. But not every fern is like this
(as the attached picture shows).

> I think this one won't appear in close-ups...

It should, since I started with modelling a single leaf until I was
satisifed with it. Then I built up the wing. Zooming in shouldn't be a
problem then (beside the fact that there are still a lot of things to do at
the "junctions"). I will post a close-up ASAP. But first I have to fix some
other stuff....

THX for reply
regards
SY