POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : underwater IRTC-WIP1 : Re: underwater IRTC-WIP1 Server Time
16 Aug 2024 16:18:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: underwater IRTC-WIP1
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 15 Jan 2002 16:21:09
Message: <3c449d45$1@news.povray.org>
"Christoph Hormann" <chr### [at] gmxde> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3C4### [at] gmxde...

> Are you trying to say i'm unproductive? ;-)

I would never risk such an assertion!   though...  ;-)

Are you actually aware about having set up the record for the longest render
time (ca. 12 days)
of all IRTC entries?
Although Gena Obukhov with 83 h on 15 Dec Alphas
(http://www.irtc.org/ftp/pub/stills/2000-08-31/gosea.jpg) and Claudio
'Naxos' Gallego with 235 h on a 4 processor machine
(http://oz.irtc.org/ftp/pub/stills/1997-02-28/bar.jpg) perhaps beat you in
terms of Tflops per entry ;-)

> Well, maybe you should add some trees behind.  I think some shadowing
> would improve it although radiosity would be quite mandatory then.
>
> Christoph

Nothimg is ready. Plants, trees, heightfield and water are only provisional
to get a quick impression.