POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP Jewel (83 Kb PNG) : Re: WIP Jewel (83 Kb PNG) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 16:25:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP Jewel (83 Kb PNG)
From: Txemi Jendrix
Date: 14 Jan 2002 17:04:58
Message: <3c43560a@news.povray.org>

news:3c434282@news.povray.org...
>       Hi Txemi, very nice design!

Thank you.

> Are you thinking of having this made?

Sure. I have all the elements, even though the silver holder of the amethyst
must be changed to fit in my idea, but it's nothing complicated.
I'm trying to find a silversmith that can do the job (and I think I've found
him :-)
The image is made to make him understand exactly what I want.

> If so, the only thing I would suggest is to replace the chain to the sides
of
> your central design with stock chain, (ie, "curb" or "figaro" would go
well
> with the design). This is because those bars will eventually start to bend
> and then break through metal fatigue, (especially in silver).

I have a "normal" chain to use. It's only I found interesting (for
artistical purposes) the use of those strange links. (OK, maybe I'm just
lazy and used the links I had modelled before).
For those interested, the model was done in hamapatch and textured in Moray
3.3a.
The render time was very different between the 3.1g and 3.5 beta versions of
povray (3 times more in 3.1g, something to welcome).

Thank you for your comments
Bye.
--
Txemi Jendrix