POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Known Bugs 14 Jan 2002 : Re: Known Bugs 14 Jan 2002 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:12:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Known Bugs 14 Jan 2002
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 14 Jan 2002 16:29:14
Message: <3c434daa@news.povray.org>
In article <slr### [at] fwicom> , Ron Parker
<ron### [at] povrayorg>  wrote:

> I think Thorsten probably has some input on this, so I'll defer to him,
> but I think the issue was that we thought some people might have already
> worked around the error in scenes where it was important.

Exactly that is the idea.  I.e. if someone used to render icons with POV-Ray
the change would be noticeable and possibly even undesired as in such a case
it might even be that not the camera has been adjusted but the object
positions had been designed to meet the "old" behavior and simply undoing
the camera move would not help for those scenes as the camera hadn't been
moved in the first place...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde