POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Unrolled : Re: Unrolled Server Time
2 Sep 2024 16:20:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unrolled
From: Hugo
Date: 14 Jan 2002 04:17:52
Message: <3c42a240@news.povray.org>
> #declare Wrapobject = MySphereObject
>      file://finish{ambient 1}
>      Center_Trans(Wrapobject, x+y+z)}

As far as I'm aware, you can't declare an object + finish like that.. Put an
object { } wrapper around them.. Concerning the transformation error, I
haven't got that line to work either, so I comment out Center_Trans.. The
line is not necessary if your object is already at origin, which would be
the case most of the time.

If you get further errors (not likely, but...) it could be that a variable
somewhere in Unwarp.pov has already been declared as another type of
variable in your scene file (or in an include file, that you use in your
scene file).. For example, if you have a line that #declares A=30;  you
can't afterwards do  function (A) { x+a }  because Pov doesn't allow A to be
declared twice in that way.. So use #local variables whenever you can or
#undef them when nolonger needed.

Maybe you knew this already, but... :o)  I just typed it...

Hugo