POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : sphere sweep bounding boxes calculated incorrectly : Re: sphere sweep bounding boxes calculated incorrectly Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:12:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sphere sweep bounding boxes calculated incorrectly
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 13 Jan 2002 23:25:07
Message: <3c425da3$1@news.povray.org>
"Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde> wrote...
> > This is the same bug that can cause radiosity to be calculated
incorrectly
> > for sphere sweeps!  Note that setting Bounding_Threshold to zero in the
INI
> > file (or command line) will "fix" the problem.
>
> Ah, good to know that my change in beta 10 then corrected that bug.
> However, why does radioity depend on a tight bounding box...?

You know, I don't really know.  That radiosity code is still a bit of a
mystery in some places.  All I know is that the bounding problems were
causing problems with radiosity, and fixing the bounding problems (by using
Bounding_Threshold=0) fixed the radiosity problems in my tests.

I just tested the latest version and it seems that the radiosity problem is
also now solved for sphere sweeps.

-Nathan