POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : mpeg2encode : Re: mpeg2encode Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:34:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mpeg2encode
From: David F
Date: 13 Jan 2002 22:18:39
Message: <3c424e0f$1@news.povray.org>
Bjarne Nygaard wrote:

> Hi,
> I believe that povray has dropped generation of separate files
> for each colour some time ago. I also several years ago started using
> this coding to mpeg generation. Since I went to the .ppm format as this
> was supported by the encoder.
> I have used both mpeg2encode and mpeg_encode. Now I only use the latter.
> You should be able to find as mpeg_encode-1.5b*.

I am having povray output the files as .ppm, since, as you said, it is
suppotred by mpeg2encode.  However, I have not had this problem when I have
genereated animations in the past under the same conditions.  I am sure
there's something I'm missing, but I'm not sure what it is.

--

David
smuchrusher <at> ameritech <dot> net

9:17pm up 1 day, 19:31, 0 users, load average: 0.09, 0.10, 0.04