POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Time : Re: Time [please, no feature requests] Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:19:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Time [please, no feature requests]
From: bob h
Date: 13 Jan 2002 14:13:33
Message: <3c41dc5d@news.povray.org>
"tcdev" <tde### [at] twcnyrrcom> wrote in message
news:3C4### [at] twcnyrrcom...
> It's probably too late to suggest this, but it would be real nice to
> have a time() function to get the system time for use with the seed()
> funtion.

Feature requests aren't possible at this point, sorry.  Light at the end of
the tunnel though... Await the next incarnation of MegaPOV and perhaps it
can be added to that instead.
Trying to remember, seems to me that it hadn't been done before due to the
various platform differences in how it would be extracted.  There is a
workaround for getting it via a batch file run prior to rendering, just not
exactly a real answer to your request.  See

bob h