POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Lip Synch Test wip1 : Lip Synch Test wip1 Server Time
19 Jul 2024 23:34:01 EDT (-0400)
  Lip Synch Test wip1
From: Rune
Date: 13 Jan 2002 13:55:46
Message: <3c41d832@news.povray.org>
I'm working on a system to do lip synch. I already made an animation where
AL the Alien talks back in November 2000, but the system I'm working on now
is much more flexible and powerful than what I had back then.

For any lip pose you can specify the weight, so you for example can have
anything between a little "o" and a roaring "OH!" by specifying a number
from 0 to 1. It also supports weighted lip poses, so you can average
multiple phoneme poses and/or expression poses.

The lips to be animated consist of four bicubic patches. You have some
control over how the mouth looks, but not very much unfortunately. So you
can use them for certain toony characters, but you can't adapt them to any
character you might have.

The attached animation is a test of the system. I still need to implement
support for tongues (which is a major thing), but besides that the system is
fairly complete.

As always, comments are much appreciated! :)

Also, if I made an include file of this system, would anybody have a use for
it?

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Jan 2)

Attachments: