POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : ATT: POV team and everyone - POV4 design proposal : Re: POV team and everyone - POV4 design proposal Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:24:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV team and everyone - POV4 design proposal
From: Tony[B]
Date: 13 Jan 2002 11:14:23
Message: <3c41b25f@news.povray.org>
> Thank you, nevertheless.

You're welcome.

> Well... What "it"? Implementing these principles in software design? It
> can be done, if my current pet project, the Quill, is any indication.

Good, then show us how by making your own patch when 3.5 comes out and you
can get your hands on the source-code, OK?

> It's not about a "wish list". It's about having the same features but
> organized in a way that would enhance the whole.

"Suggestions" and "recommendations" without code are a wish-list in these
parts. This is the way you would like POV to be, is it not? Then your are
wishing, and by listing your wishes, you have created a wish-list.

> It seems that this is the most frequent misunderstanding so far:
> thinking that I was complaining on features.

If everybody understood what you wrote as such, then it's your own fault for
badly wording things. For example, this "we" can be taken as being quite
haughty on your part, and might be seen as implying "Behold, I am the wise
one, do what I say, because it is better than your meager toilings of the
past". Or something to that effect. :)

> Wouldn't a lubricated machine
> run better than dry gears?

Not if the dry gears were coated with teflon or something. ;)