POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : sphere sweep bounding boxes calculated incorrectly : Re: sphere sweep bounding boxes calculated incorrectly Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:16:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sphere sweep bounding boxes calculated incorrectly
From: bob h
Date: 12 Jan 2002 21:30:38
Message: <3c40f14e$1@news.povray.org>
"Slime" <noo### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> > Because of your bounding threshold?  If you reduce the number below the
> > threshold the bounding will go away.
>
> Sorry, I'm not sure what a bounding threshold is...

The number of objects in a scene it takes before automatic bounding takes
over, if so set in a INI.  Bounding_Threshold = 6

> but maybe this will convince you: if you translate the shapes, their
> bounding boxes should move with them, right? Try translating them all by
> <1000,1000,1000> or something, and the bounding boxes will still include
the
> origin, I bet.

I see that happening too (takes a large render for me to catch it before the
window draws over it), just not sure what to make of it.  I put a sphere
into a union with the sweeps but opposite of them to see if that would keep
the ordinary sphere's bounding box pinned to the origin too and it did not.
Not much of a test but just to see what would happen.

bob h