POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : sphere sweep bounding boxes calculated incorrectly : Re: sphere sweep bounding boxes calculated incorrectly Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:18:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sphere sweep bounding boxes calculated incorrectly
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 12 Jan 2002 21:29:18
Message: <3c40f0fe@news.povray.org>
In article <3c40dcac$1@news.povray.org> , "Slime" <noo### [at] hotmailcom>
wrote:

>> Because of your bounding threshold?  If you reduce the number below the
>> threshold the bounding will go away.
>
> Sorry, I'm not sure what a bounding threshold is...
>
> but maybe this will convince you: if you translate the shapes, their
> bounding boxes should move with them, right? Try translating them all by
> <1000,1000,1000> or something, and the bounding boxes will still include the
> origin, I bet.

I somehow get the impression you think I said the bounding boxes are tight.
However, with "While the bounding boxes can probably be changed for
efficiency" I wanted to express that they are in fact not as tight as
possible.  I am sorry I wasn't clear enough.  Either way, hopefully this is
fixed in the next beta, but as I don't have a lot of test scenes we will
just have to wait and see...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde