POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Unrolled : Re: Unrolled Server Time
16 Aug 2024 18:18:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unrolled
From: Batronyx
Date: 12 Jan 2002 19:28:46
Message: <3c40d4be$1@news.povray.org>
"ingo" <ing### [at] homenl> wrote in message
news:Xns### [at] povrayorg...
> in news:3c3f4702@news.povray.org Batronyx wrote:
>
> > All of this was entirely possible with 3.1, however, the new 3.5
> > min/max_extents and image_width/height keywords make it much more
> > convenient.
>
> Did something like that in:
>
> Newsgroups: povray.binaries.images
> Subject: Flat Cat  [~50 kB]
> From: ing### [at] homenl (ingo)

> Also doing animations with a "slit-camera" is fun, a walk through of a
> house, presented in one image.

I didn't start hanging out here regularly until about March of 2001, so I missed
this. My first attempts were with a camera but, I wasn't nearly as successful as
you were here.

I would sigh heavily at not having had an original idea, but I don't think there
are really too many of those in life. Also I stole this idea from someone else
in another package. They used a slit-camera technique and set the thing up as an
animation with the last frame being a regular camera and all previous pics
aranged as image maps on a plane. No scripting, not a bit automated, very
inconvenient.

> There are several photography sites on building and using "slit-
> cameras" (managed to loose a frew hundred links, so can't point to the
> best site :(

I've been there (losing links) :) I'll have to look some of those up. Thanks.

--
light_source{0,1}#macro c(J,a)sphere{0,1pigment{rgb z}scale a translate J+O}
#end#macro B(R,V,O)c(0,4)intersection{c(V,R)difference{c(-z*4x+10)c(-z*4.1x+