POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Been a while (124kb) : Re: Been a while (124kb) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 16:17:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Been a while (124kb)
From: Thomas Lake
Date: 11 Jan 2002 22:43:41
Message: <3c3fb0ed$1@news.povray.org>
"Darrell Miller" <dar### [at] tallskinnyboycom> wrote in message
> it looks really good..
> maybe your garage is just cleaner than mine.. but it seems way too clean..
> dunno..
> no dust... no dirt..
> everything is just too smooth

Hehe a bit ironic you should mention that my garage may be cleaner than
yours, actually my real garage has about 10 times as much stuff as I have in
this picture, but I don't have that kind of time or memory:-) However I am
going to add some more stuff. "Dust" is often something people site is
missing in raytraced images but something that is extremely hard to
simulate. I've sometimes found that using a small normal of any type on
objects can make them seem a bit rougher, sort of like they are covered in
dust, but not really.