POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : soft shadows : Re: soft shadows Server Time
8 Jul 2024 08:21:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: soft shadows
From: Jan Walzer
Date: 11 Jan 2002 19:24:50
Message: <3c3f8252$1@news.povray.org>
"Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Antonio Garrido <aga### [at] ctves> wrote:
> : But I dont want to use area lights. I want to get soft edges with
> : spotlights.
>
>   Do you mean that Moray doesn't support lights which are spotlights and
> area lights at the same time?

this is of course true for moray ... you can't have both for one
lightsource...
maybe lutz can correct this in his next patch ... but it's been there since
Moray3

--
"Somehow what you suggest is like suggesting to add drills \ jan### [at] lzernet
to cars so you can drill for oil when you run out of fuel.  \